Learn more Liposomal Vitamin C
We’re often asked what’s so special about Liposomal Vitamin C & why it’s better than regular Vitamin C supplements, such as tablets, capsules & powders. Here’s why…
Regular Vitamin C supplements have limited bioavailability meaning the amount of Vitamin C that can be absorbed & used to support your health is limited. In tablets, capsules and powders, Vitamin C is susceptible to being degraded as it travels through your digestive system. In addition, your body tightly regulates & limits how much of the Vitamin C can be absorbed at any one time; the excess Vitamin C from these supplements rapidly passes into urine.
With liposomal technology, the Vitamin C is placed inside liposomes. Liposomes are tiny, ball-shaped delivery vehicles with a water-soluble centre surrounded by a phospholipid bilayer. This bilayer is similar to that found in the cell membranes which surround the cells in your body.
The liposomes protect the Vitamin C from degradation in the harsh environment of the digestive system and when they reach the small intestine, the liposomes are absorbed into the circulation. Once the liposomes arrive at the cells in your body, the phospholipid bilayers of the liposomes & cell membranes merge & the Vitamin C is subsequently released into the cell.
Simply put, with Liposomal Vitamin C, optimum absorption and cell delivery ensures you get the best every time.
Liposomal Vitamin C is high in Vitamin C, scientifically proven to have the following health benefits:
- Collagen - Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin, bones and cartilage, teeth and gums, and blood vessels
- Immune System - Supports the normal function of the immune system
- Energy - Helps reduce tiredness & fatigue, increases iron absorption, supports normal yielding metabolism
- Nervous System - Supports the normal functioning of the nervous system
- Psychological Function - Contributes to normal psychological function
- Cell Protection - Liposomal Vitamin C is also high in Vitamin E. Both vitamins are powerful antioxidants that help to protect cells from oxidative stress